Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sick Rant, plus a confession

Second day home, recovering from a horrendous cough left over from the worst cold I've had in years.  I'm so over being sick.  I wanna be back with my children.  I never thought I'd be saying I can't wait to go back to work, but I'd rather be at work than home sick with this cough.

Anyway, I know you all love a juicy confession, so here it is.

I'm a furry.

Yes, it's true, and now you finally know the truth.  I'm not hardcore like other people, with the whole fursuit thing (which I think is creepy, btw) but I wouldn't mind having moveable ears and tail.  Being able to climb and walk on all fours like a cat, and able to convey emotion through previously mentioned appendages just appeals to me.  Yes, I do have a fursona (furry personality).  Her name's Camilla, she's a jaguar of Mexican heritage.  In modern-day, she is fully bilingual, but in her original era of the 1920s, she speaks primarily Spanish with broken English.  The original Camilla is much more feral, having grown up in the border towns of Texas.  She's a gun-for-hire in the Prohibition.  In modern-day, she's a financial shark, highly intelligent and highly cosmopolitan.

How did I get into such a thing?  In one word, Lackadaisy.

What is Lackadaisy?  Let me give you a taste:
Who wouldn't want to follow something like this?  It's a webcomic about anthro cats, set in Prohibition 1920s St. Louis.  It centers around a speakeasy and it's crew, after which the comic is named.  Did I mention that this comic also hosts a forum, which has a roleplaying section?  Now you know my full descent into this crazed fandom.

No comments: