Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A little free time... time for rambling!

I got up extra early this morning in anticipation of going back to work, finally.  And I need to leave early because the bridge is down to one lane traffic for the next 3 months or so.  :P  And it's raining!  What a welcome back to work, huh?

Anyway, getting off the steampunk topic for awhile before I beat it to death (next time I'll probably talking about a couple of steampunk chars that I've created), I wanted to talk a little bit, in vague terms, about my job and my kids.  My kids at my job.

I teach at a Montessori preschool, in the preschool class, which is the oldest group.  I currently have 7 (soon to be 8) children in the class, all ranging from 4-5 years old.  The newest one will be just 3, but he's ready to move up.  One thing I love about my class is that my kids are making the leap into beginning reading.  I mean, REAL reading!  Sounding out words and reading a story.  It's exciting for me.  They're really smart kids, and I get to teach them all sorts of things.  They're always asking questions, to the point of my insanity at times, but they're sweet kids.  If I talk about them in the future, it'll be by initials only, and no pics.  Safety first, you know!

I really can't wait to get to work and see what they've been up to while I've been sick.  I know they've been well taken care of, because the head teacher's been covering my class, and she's an old pro at Montessori.  I just hope they don't go nuts now that I'm back.  But they probably will.  Just my luck, huh? X3

No comments: