Sometimes I think about the things people use to describe me. And I think of how many different groups of friends (online and off) that only know little bits about me. And some things that hardly anybody knows. So what are some things that I believe define me? Here are some of the things that go into the whole crazy package you see as me:
- I am curious. About everything. There are lots of things I want to know the answer to, and will go forth and research (thank you, internet!). And as much as I love to learn, I love to teach others. But complex issues confuse and mystify me. Which is why politics anymore complex than general knowledge will remain a complete and utter mystery to me.
- I am lazy. There are so many times, and so many situations, when I simply just cannot be bothered. I also love sleep.
- I am shy. Lots of people don't know this. I'm more shy over the phone than face-to-face, and more shy IRL than online. I stay away from lots of parties and clubs where I won't know anyone, or only know very few. It's just far too intimidating for me. At work, in a professional light, I'm much more confident, but I still hate calling people I don't know.
- I am a furry. That's right. I love to roleplay anthropomorphic characters, and I often wish I was an anthro jaguar (hence my twitter name, cammyjag). I love other roleplays as well, but anthro is my first love.
- I am obsessed with other cultures. Asian, Irish, Native American and historical American are my favourite cultures to explore.
- Food. I love food and will try almost anything once.
- I am passionate about equality and social respect. I despise things that cause people to have superior attitudes towards other people. This involves fashion, gossip, willful ignorance, and Disney Princesses.
- The thought of Barbie and Disney Princesses makes me gag involuntarily. I never liked any of these as a child, and seeing my students completely obsessed with them turns me off even more.
- I want to live somewhere else. Nowhere exotic. Just somewhere else. Like the UK. Or Philly.
- I would rather work for nothing than to work somewhere that I hate.
- I could never give up meat. Never ever. *gnaws on steak*
- I love to laugh and make others laugh. Whether it's teasing, harmless pranks, or just sharing a funny story, I love when people are happy.
- I love pretty much any music genre from the 1920s to the 1980s. Except for modern jazz. Swing Jazz and Blues Jazz are fine, though. Modern jazz makes my ears bleed.
- I love to dance. Not all dance, though. Liturgical dance. I'm in my church's dance ministry and I absolutely love it.
- I am socially awkward. I don't know if this is part of my shyness, or exactly how they affect each other, but I've always been on the edge of a group, even if I'm fully involved with it, I've never felt completely emotionally accepted. I hated high school. This also frustrates me in that I'm a very generous person and love to help others, but often receive very little in reciprocation. It's to the point that this is normal for me. I don't give expecting something back, but sometimes it's nice to feel that I'm not ignored or taken advantage of. Lots of times I really don't feel the love and support I give, especially when I need it most. But I'm too shy to say anything really about it.
- I love casual gaming. I suck at video games. Always have, always will. But give me a hidden object game or a puzzle game, a solitaire game or a social game, and you have my attention for several hours.
- I am FORGETFUL. OMG, I'm forgetful. I have a sanguine temperament (HIGHLY sanguine!) and one of the features of the temperament is forgetfulness, or being 'scatter-brained'. That is so me! I even forget to write things down, as often as I've tried, or if I do actually remember to write things down, I forget to go back and read what I've written.
That being said, I can't think of anything else, even though there's probably more. Hope you enjoyed this look into me. Ask me questions! I love to answer them.